Adventure Nomad

Adventure Nomad

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Let’s Have Some Fun!

Two images of a sunset, a rock, and some kids playing around it. They were shot within a few minutes of each other near Patong Beach, Phuket, Thailand.

My Ricoh GX100/Sea&Sea 1G doesn't have a great telephoto range, so for the top picture, I got as close as I could get, and then cropped to get the image I wanted (ISO 100, 72mm equivalent, 1/200, f7.1). It looks ok on the web, but it won’t stand up to a large print.

Then I went around the rock and saw this one kid looking wishfully at the other kids having a good time. I climbed to the top and got the bottom picture, which is shot of their belongings and the one kid (ISO 100, 24mm equivalent, 1/250, f4.3, fill flash).

Both images taken with a Sea&Sea 1G/Ricoh GX100 in Manual Mode, and cropped to 1:1 format.

No comments: