Adventure Nomad

Adventure Nomad

Monday, December 8, 2014

Yes! I am Ironman!!!

I broke my collarbone into 3 pieces about three weeks ago.  It was a rock-climbing accident.  I was learning to ride a motorbike so that I could access a rock-climbing crag in Thailand, fell down and broke my collarbone... so to ease my battered ego, I'm chalking it up as a climbing accident;)
My Collarbone Broken in 3 Pieces :( Meh
I had surgery done about 2 weeks back and am on the road to recovery.  The procedure was pretty high-tech.  I had a stainless steel (recommended by the surgeon over titanium) plate inserted under my collarbone by keyhole surgery.  The plate was bent to conform to the shape of my collarbone, and inserted underneath so that I won't feel the plate when I'm carrying a backpack.
Stainless Steel Plate inserted under Collarbone
I had a couple of projects planned out, but that will have to wait til I'm stronger.  I've not been very active on Instagram, but I'm getting bored and looking for things to do, so I'm reviving my Instagram account and learning about hash tags.  Ho hum...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do take care mate. Enjoy reading your blog!